AST-2 – Sainte-Anne-des-Monts – Avalanche skills training level 2
The training AST-2 aims participants with middle skills experience This training allows the participant to develop tools for a better analysis and decision making when traveling on avalanche terrain, and deepen their global knowledge. The AST 2 given on 4 days allows a good merge of the knowledge acquired in AST 1 but with more time to experience by practicing on terrain.
At the end of this training, the student should be able to :
- Use the AvaluatorMC as a tool for good decision making to determine whether or not, additional planning and traveling techniques are required.
- Become familiar with the different verification techniques in order to analyze the potential dangers of avalanches for a personal use on a local scale.
- Become familiar with the technical model of avalanche terrain ratings as a personal tool to develop local terrain ratings.
- Use a choice of itinerary to take advantage of the irregularity of a terrain to manage personal risks.
- Use traveling techniques on avalanche terrain that correspond to avalanche conditions
- Be able to realize with strong knowledge, an autonomous rescue
- Understand the limits of the training.